Get ready to cry tears of joy friends because today I am sharing my mother’s recipe for Caramilk Fudge. Every friend that has ever tasted this fudge has begged my mother to make it or for me to share with them. Now that we are adults people reach out all the time to ask for the recipe!
My mom has been making this recipe for years and years, but I don’t know where she originally got the idea (so props to whoever the inventor is!). Contrary to popular belief, this isn’t some secret family recipe.
Not only is this the yummiest fudge I have ever had, it is also the easiest I have ever made. You make it in the microwave!
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 can sweeten condensed milk
¾ cup butter
1 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
4 caramilk bars
- In a microwave-safe bowl mix the brown sugar, sweetened condensed milk, and butter and microwave for 8 minutes. Every 2 minutes stir thoroughly.
- Remove from microwave and add the icing sugar and vanilla. Place in mixer and mix for 4 minutes.
- In a greased 8×8 pan, pour half of the mixture
- Place Caramilk bar pieces on top of the mixture and cover with the remaining mixture.
- Smoothe the top and let sit for 30 minutes
Have the chocolate unwrapped and ready to be put into the fudge. Work quickly when the mixture is hot, it cools down quickly! If not the layers won’t stick together!
Pretty easy right! When it is set cut the fudge into tiny pieces. This stuff is sooo sweet but sooo yummy. Just use self-control so no one ends up in a sugar coma!
This fudge is the perfect thing to bring to a Christmas party if you want everyone to love you!! If you make this recipe let me know how it turns out!